Friday, August 28, 2009

Highlighting a Local 3D/4D Business Owner


In today's economy, relationship and experience is "key" to keeping business and bringing in new business. I have had the pleasure of utilizing the Look Who's Kickin Ultrasounds in Wesley Chapel (back then it was in Lutz) during the pregnancy of my 4th child. Over time, I have continued my relationship with the owner of that location, Erica Hoskins. I actually now work for her on a part time basis scheduling pregnant mommies ultrasound appointments. What a fun job I have fallen upon!


I love to hear business owner's stories and why they do what they do. Erica actually started 4 years ago after receiving her Associate in Science and then spent another 6 month internship at the Women's Group to focus on OB/GYN. Since 2004, she has performed close to 6000 scans in the field of OB/GYN for both diagnostic and at Look Who's Kickin Ultrasounds for keepsake scans.


Erica is the owner and operator of the Look Who's Kickin Ultrasounds in Wesley Chapel. I asked her what a pregnant mom should ask when finding a 3D/4D ultrasound location prior to having one? Are there any regulations?



  • There are no current regulations when it comes to 3D/4D ultrasound businesses. Anyone can buy a machine and open their doors to scan pregnant mommies.

  • How long have you been in business?

  • Do you have a redo policy? If so, what is it?

  • If you find something wrong, then what?

  • Why choose a ultrasound studio instead of just having it at your Dr's office?

She was great to provide a list of questions so I then asked her the same questions.



  • Since there are no regulations in this industry what makes you different? Erica replied, "My customers can feel confident that my location is owned and operated by a certified sonographer. My staff is also certified and currently working in the OB/GYN market outside of my office. I also have a GE Voluson ultrasound machine. This is the Golden Standard in the 3D/4D ultrasounds."

  • How long have you been in business? "Look Who's Kickin was created over 5 years ago and was the first in our area and has since branched out to multiple individually owned and operated locations. I have had my ultrasound studio for over 3 years."

  • What is your re-do policy? "We offer free re-do's on regular price packages."

  • If you find something wrong, then what? "Since we are trained sonographers, moms can feel confident in our skills. If we happen to see something out of the ordinary, we contact our on staff medical director with our findings. Our medical director then contacts the patients medical doctor."

  • Why have this at an ultrasound studio instead of the OB office? "We have found that in some cases, we are less expensive than having the 4D ultrasound performed in the OB's office. We have a relaxing spa like atmosphere and are paid to spend time with the couple."

This is such a exciting time in a pregnant couples lives. I had Erica perform my gender at 16 weeks for my last child. I also did the deluxe package at 30 weeks. I find myself looking at his pictures and remembering how it was while he was still in my belly. I captured all those precious memories as we all know, you can't do that moment in time over. From one mommy (in my case a mommy of 4) to another, Look Who's Kickin Ultrasounds in Wesley Chapel is stop along your pregnancy that you don't want to miss!


For more information, contact them directly at 813-909-8080 or www.LookWhoskickin.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment